Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4, 2011

Hello everyone!! I'm back in Tokyo!! Last week on Thursday the AP called me and Elder Brown, and said we are getting sent back up. In the Fukuoka mission, they sent 22 back. 22 missionaries from each mission were getting sent back. So on Monday we got back on the Bullet train, and came back to Tokyo!! That day was so amazing! We came into the mission home, and the other missions were already back, so we came walking in with our suitcases, and other missionaries were greeting us. It was so nice to see Elder Gordon and Elder Petersen again. They are both former companions, and are really good friends. The crazy thing is that it was only six weeks, but it felt so much longer. That Monday night was a really special night. The way President Albrecht explained it, was the feeling we`ll all feel when we all get back to heaven. Just a big reunion. It was so nice. It felt like coming home. I'll never forget the feeling. We then watched a video about the tsunami, and it was the first time for a lot of missionaries to actually see what happened. It was devastating. It was way sad. over 10,000 people have died, and still over 10,000 people are missing. I couldn`t believe it. Please pray for this country. The Japanese people are some of the most amazing people. I love them so much, and there are so many suffering. So many that died.
On a lighter note, I`m back here in Shonan with Elder Petersen, which is rare. Were like the only ones in the mission to come back like this. It is cool though. I'm so glad to come back to this area. The investigators have been doing really really well while we have been gone, so were excited to see some miracles here!
The last six weeks have been crazy. I'm just glad to be back here in Tokyo. I'm grateful for all the love that has been shown to me. Thanks for all the support and help. Thanks for all the letters and love. I love you guys. arigatou!!

Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment